3g, open gate plus and smtp port

• 11 December 2014
  • 3 kommenttia
  • 6 katselukertaa

HI,

Open gate service reads "Kiinteä julkinen IP, kaksisuuntaisuus ja avoimet portit"

http://www.sonera.fi/etsi+apua+ja+tukea ... /open+gate

Just rang customer service port 25 and port 53 are closed.

I had a @450 service and all ports were open. Now I must move my mail server outside of the network behind the 3g modem. Is there some other way around this?

Scott

3 kommenttia

Hi ScottA!

Sonera Opengate APN allows traffic all others ports, but TCP port 25 (SMTP) and UDP port 53 are closed because of security issues, that true. I am sorry but there is no way to change this from APN service.

I guess the only way is to change ports from your mail server.

Regards,

VesaN
ScottA kirjoitti:
Now I must move my mail server outside of the network behind the 3g modem. Is there some other way around this?

The only way I can think of is using VPN.

VesaN kirjoitti:
I guess the only way is to change ports from your mail server.

This is not feasible, as it would require reconfiguration of all email servers in the world, too.
Got around the problem by using mail.inet.fi for outgoing mail.
Incoming mail now goes to a gateway/server outside of my network and from that server to my mail server on a port other than port 25.

I think port 25 should be open for OpenGate customers. I can understand if it is closed for a user who gets a new ip address every time they get a new connection . With a fixed ip address Sonera would be able to investigate and see who is abusing port 25.

Scott

Vastaa