No Internet connection, local network working OK

• 11 December 2014
  • 3 kommenttia
  • 517 katselukertaa

(Hopefully it's OK to write this in English, I don't know the technical words in Finnish)

Our connection to the internet isn't working and hasn't since yesterday morning. Our local wireless network is working fine and it can be seen on all the computers.

I've checked all the connections between the phone line, the router and the wireless box and nothing is different from normal.

3 kommenttia

If you have an adsl connection, you should remove any other devices such as external routers or switches from your system and connect your adsl modem straight to your computer with an ethernet cable. If that doesn't work, you should try another adsl-modem and phone cable in your connection.

If your connection still doesn't work, you should contact our Fault Service number 0206 90101 (weekdays 8-20, saturdays 9-16.30) when you are at home. That way we can check your connection and make a fault report on your connection if necessary.

T. Panu
Sonera Customer Service
I fiddled around, disconnected, connected with Ethernet like you suggested (it worked), then connected everything again with the wireless. Now it is back to normal. I don't know what the problem was but it's fixed now.

Kiitos avusta!
danr kirjoitti:
I fiddled around, disconnected, connected with Ethernet like you suggested (it worked), then connected everything again with the wireless. Now it is back to normal. I don't know what the problem was but it's fixed now.

Kiitos avusta!

Glad to hear that your problem solved. That kind of inoperability is quite normal with ADSL connections, because of quality (or its lack) of consumer ADSL modems.

Usually helps when you disconnect and connect your modem.

Vastaa