APN name for GPRS Telia prepaid

• 12 December 2018
  • 4 kommenttia
  • 420 katselukertaa

Hello,

I am use Telia prepaid SIM for implementing IOT device which use GPRS connection to open IP connection to internet.

My question is for Telia prepaid Sim, what is APN name: internet or opengate as I google around.

Best regards!

lv

4 kommenttia

Käyttäjätaso 7
Kunniamerkki +16

Opengate or Telia Yhteyspiste is a subscription service, which is only available for invoiced Telia mobile subscriptions.

Prepaid service can only use APNs internet and prointernet.

APN internet will give you a private ip-address (10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255 or 100.64.0.0 – 100.127.255.255) and it works on all network types; GSM, UMTS and LTE.

APN prointernet will give you a public ip-address, but it will work only on GSM and UMTS networks. Using prointernet on LTE network is not possible.

Prointernet is depreciated, too. Telia has not fixed prointernet routing errors for last five years. The routing problems typically show up within Telia's own network. Using prointernet works fine as long as the other endpoint is using some other internet service provider than Telia.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

APN name "internet" is OK, my IOT device is using A6 GPRS module which has Telia sim card to send data to cloud. It worked well for last a few month, i sent the temp data to cloud. Very nice and no data drop. Now I have one month break. But today, I try again. It seems my GPRS module has difficult to register to network. When GPRS module powered on, it goes to +CREG: 3. Register to network is denied.

I have put more money to SIM subscription and also replaced the SIM card. Code is same and cable connection is the same as well.

Is there something happened to GPRS/2G network? Why my module could not register to network?

Of course can be some hardware problem. But is there some change in your side? only 3G/4G supported?

Best regards!

Y

(
^CINIT: 1, 0, 0
)
I (12617) uart_events: [UART DATA]: 24
(
^CINIT: 2, 32, 41891
)
I (12917) uart_events: [UART DATA]: 12
(
+CREG: 2
)
loop
I (13327) uart_events: [UART DATA]: 33
(
^STN: 3

^CINIT: 4, 8192, 3
)

(
+CIEV: service, 0
+CIEV: roam, 0

+CREG: 3

+CREG: 0
)

Käyttäjätaso 7
Kunniamerkki +16

I checked the fault announcements, but could not find anything related to GSM and GPRS.

Viat ja häiriöt

In general Telia's GPRS seems to be working. I switched to GSM/GPRS for sending this very message.

Have you moved over from the Western, Central or Southern Finland to the Northern or Eastern Finland?

In the Northern and Eastern Finland Telia and Dna do not have networks of their own. Instead, you have to use Yhteisverkko, The Finnish Shared Network.

If you have automatic network selection, switching between Telia network and Yhteisverkko should happen automatically as long as you allow roaming on the terminal.

If you use manual network selection, you have to register to Yhteisverkko 244 36 instead of Telia 244 91 when roaming in Northern and Eastern Finland.

This is the case particularly with GSM/GPRS equipment. Yhteisverkko does send pseudo Telia and Dna network identifiers out, but GSM/GPRS equipment generally ignore any pseudo identifiers.

A lot of UMTS equipment and the most of LTE equipment do see the pseudo identifiers, and in this case the terminal works almost as if it was using the home network.

Also, have you checked that the sim is still valid? What happens if you call the number from another phone? Numeroon ei saada yhteyttä, the number cannot be reached is fine, but Numero ei ole käytössä, the number is not in use would indicate that the sim card has expired.

Telia Prepaid sims are valid only 6 months from the date of first use or 12 months from the latest top up, whichever date is later. Telia Prepaid does not have any grace period. When the sim card expires, the balance and phone number associated with the service are lost immediately.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I found the problem, it seems my device IMEI code has been currupted and that seems cause Telia network registration failed. It is expected result. After I reset device IMEI code, the device works OK.

Thanks! Hope this also will help others play with IOT, IMEI code in device shall be checked, in my case, factory reseting does not help.

Thanks a lot. In general, I am very happy for the network connection.

Just wondering, when Telia GPRS/2G will go away and replaced by 5G NB-IOT?

Br

Y

Vastaa