dimsdupont
Uusi keskustelija
  • 3 custom-general.kudos
  • 11 custom-general.replies
  • 0 custom-general.solutions

ZTE MC801A5G disconnects everyday since last update :(

Ylläpito on lukinnut tämän ketjun. Uusia kommentteja ei voi kirjoittaa

Sorry for the english.
5G router ZTE MC801A needs a reboot at least once everyday because of internet disconnection. Device was working superb without any issues until Last Update: 2022-06-23 02:35:23

Current Software and hardware version below, is it possible to rollback to version before 23th June 2022 ?

Software Version BD_FITELIAMC801AV1.0.0B17
Hardware Version MC801AHW-1.0.0

Feel free to answer in finnish, I can read and speak finnish but writing is challenging if its to be done correct - thanks for understanding

32 vastausta
Lanttilo
Kommentaattori
  • 16 custom-general.kudos
  • 70 custom-general.replies

Today I rebooted the modem. DL-speed increased maybe 5%, but UL-speed went from about 50Mb to more than 90Mb.

Now it is back to that about 50Mb.

Is that Telia for Business better? Is it worth the extra cost?

dimsdupont
Uusi keskustelija
  • 3 custom-general.kudos
  • 11 custom-general.replies

@Lanttilo naah, I do not think so, it feels like it is the same services as a consumer subscription, perhaps with a more active support team.

HenriLie
Telialainen
Telialainen
  • 173 custom-general.kudos
  • 930 custom-general.replies
  • 77 custom-general.solutions

@dimsdupont  kirjoitti:

... swapped the device to a boxed new one. I have installed it with the default settings, it has below "old" software version (hardware version is the same as previous): 

Software Version BD_FITELIAMC801AV1.0.0B13

We got a hint to check this default settings on this B13 version: is the chosen network now "5G NSA" ? If it is not, then maybe try this setting (guide step 4.) and see does it help? And again, for now we have not recognized software problems (with newest B17) which could cause this kind of disconnections. We do investigate this with your ticket you have made, have you heard anything new about it?

Tekniikasta aina mielenkiinnolla keskusteleva. Päivitän myös meidän asiakastukisivustoa

osana asiantuntijatiimiämme. Kerrothan tarvittaessa palautetta sivuston ohjeista.

davidair
Uusi jäsen
  • 1 custom-general.kudos
  • 1 custom-general.replies

I'm a little bit puzzled that you can not find any software issues with the new B17 firmware. For me the Bridge Mode is still broken. The WAN IP is not handed over to the router/device behind. You can easily check if there is a problem, when you disable the DHCP server in the settings menu. If your devices still get a IP from the DHCP you can image that there is a software issue and that's also the problem why the WAN IP can't be handed over. If there is still a DHCP server trying to hand out IPs to connected devices on that port it will never work out.

Sometimes I'm asking myself who is responsible for developing the firmware after the final ZTE release. There are so many bugs that it's getting really frustrating. I mean: Bridge Mode is not working from B13 to B17 and users who depend on their on-site routing hardware have to switch the device/try to get an old device in the shops with the B12 firmware. 

Lanttilo
Kommentaattori

@HenriLie  kirjoitti:

We got a hint to check this default settings on this B13 version: is the chosen network now "5G NSA" ? If it is not, then maybe try this setting (guide step 4.) and see does it help? And again, for now we have not recognized software problems (with newest B17) which could cause this kind of disconnections. We do investigate this with your ticket you have made, have you heard anything new about it?

How about an SA subscription? Even for a testing. One can always switch to the lesser NSA, if there are problems.

HenriLie
Telialainen
Telialainen

@davidair  kirjoitti:

I'm a little bit puzzled that you can not find any software issues with the new B17 firmware. For me the Bridge Mode is still broken. The WAN IP is not handed over to the router/device behind.

I mentioned about this 5G disconnection problem only. For other bugs what B17 may include will be also investigated and fixed. Thank you for bringing up this issue, have you reported this all ready to us as ticket?

@Lanttilo  kirjoitti:

How about an SA subscription? Even for a testing. One can always switch to the lesser NSA, if there are problems.

For now we do not have consumer subscriptions, which could use 5G SA mode. Neither all corporation customers subscriptions have it. That is why we wanted to check that network setting from MCU801A device. Subscriptions with 5G SA option will come in use later, unfortunately i do not know exactly when.

Tekniikasta aina mielenkiinnolla keskusteleva. Päivitän myös meidän asiakastukisivustoa

osana asiantuntijatiimiämme. Kerrothan tarvittaessa palautetta sivuston ohjeista.

Lanttilo
Kommentaattori

@HenriLie  kirjoitti:

@Lanttilo  kirjoitti:

For now we do not have consumer subscriptions, which could use 5G SA mode. Neither all corporation customers subscriptions have it. That is why i we wanted to check that network setting from MCU801A device. Subscriptions with 5G SA option will come in use later, unfortunately i do not know exactly when.

How about a non-consumer? What kind of commercial subscription one should have and what kind of hardware does it require?

HenriLie
Telialainen
Telialainen

@Lanttilo  kirjoitti:

@HenriLie  kirjoitti:

@Lanttilo  kirjoitti:

For now we do not have consumer subscriptions, which could use 5G SA mode. Neither all corporation customers subscriptions have it. That is why i we wanted to check that network setting from MCU801A device. Subscriptions with 5G SA option will come in use later, unfortunately i do not know exactly when.

How about a non-consumer? What kind of commercial subscription one should have and what kind of hardware does it require?

Some Corporation Customers have had an 5G SA pilot event earlier this year but 5G SA is not widely used yet. For now there is none subscriptions available with 5G SA for Corporation Customers either. Only specific ones do have SA in private networks. Our 5G network itself is ready for SA in some areas and these areas are spreading fast and subscriptions are coming available later.

HenriLie
Telialainen
Telialainen

@HenriLie  kirjoitti:

@Lanttilo  kirjoitti:

@HenriLie  kirjoitti:

@Lanttilo  kirjoitti:

And about hardware, device manufacturer will inform 5G SA support in data sheet. For example MCU801A 5G do support SA but for now in SW v. B17 it is set as NSA from settings by default.

Lanttilo
Kommentaattori

@HenriLie  kirjoitti:

@Lanttilo  kirjoitti:

@HenriLie  kirjoitti:

@Lanttilo  kirjoitti:

Some Corporation Customers have had an 5G SA pilot event earlier this year but 5G SA is not widely used yet. For now there is none subscriptions available with 5G SA for Corporation Customers either. Only specific ones do have SA in private networks. Our 5G network itself is ready for SA in some areas and these areas are spreading fast and subscriptions are coming available later.

It would be nice to have real 5G and not just 4G and more speed sometimes.