koti tv not working properly

• 26 February 2015
  • 10 kommenttia
  • 20 katselukertaa

hi there ive been having problems with my koti tv

first of all i had a 714 error

then after 10 restarts i got the sonera box up and running

but now i have no menu ,not opg guide ,nothing in the remote control works apart from numbers and channel up and down (its not a remote control problem)

i did a 192.168.1.1 and checked the connection of th iptv and there is a DNS problem

even though ive restarted the box and the router several times

can someone reset my dns

10 kommenttia

Käyttäjätaso 1
Kunniamerkki +15
First I recommend to reset the set-top box. Then it should work normally again. Check this link to "Digiboksin resetoiminen" and follow the instructions. 

i still get the 714 error

if i go into the media gateway on my pc web browser 192.168.1.1 and disable the iptv ip address, then i get past the 714 error

i get channels working and get tv

but i get no menu on the tv i get no epg guide and i can not order a film or anything else on there

Connectivity Check 

This page enables you to perform a connectivity check on an Internet service of your MediaAccess Gateway.

Choose an Internet service and click the button to launch the tests.

Internet Service to Check:IPTVVoIPInternet

Test Results
Test SucceededDSL
Test SucceededATM
Test SucceededEthernet
Test SucceededNative IPv4
Test SucceededNative IPv6
Test SucceededInternet
 Disabled/Not OKConnectivity to IPv4 Gateway (80.223.192.1)
 Enabled/OKConnectivity to DNS Server 1 (193.210.19.19)
 Enabled/OKConnectivity to DNS Server 2 (192.89.123.26)

Which router do you have? Has Sonera sent you some router, eg. Inteno DG301 or Thomson TG789vn? If yes, then please use that. Also try reset your router.

same router that sonera gave me 3 years ago

thomson 789

Ok. Please reset the router and set top box one more time and also check that ethernet cable from STB is connected to yellow LAN port and not to red WAN port. If Viihde still doesn't work, do a fault report from Omat Sivut http://bit.ly/1AlMNEy or call technical customer service 0206 90101.

ive done the above a few times now

its a funny fault because its working , but its funny what i have to do to get it working

there is definatly some dns fault

to get it working it have to reset the stb, then disconnect the ip address on the IPTV section of the router

then when the stb restarts itself after software install, i have to connect the ip address again to get pictures

this fault has only happened since the thomson 789 got its firmware upgrade

i am a computer techniction so these things are easy for me to understand ...just ive done all i can do at this side

is it possible to get someone to refresh my dns

i say working, the tv is working, but there is nothing when i press menu,, no epg, no settings to change to 1080i

no films i can choose

no recordings ive saved

etc, whenever i try to choose something in the menu ,it goes back to the tv

This page enables you to perform a connectivity check on an Internet service of your MediaAccess Gateway.

Choose an Internet service and click the button to launch the tests.

Internet Service to Check:IPTVVoIPInternet

Test Results
Test SucceededDSL
Test SucceededATM
Test SucceededEthernet
Test SucceededNative IPv4
Test SucceededNative IPv6
Test SucceededInternet
 Disabled/Not OKConnectivity to IPv4 Gateway (80.223.192.1)
 Enabled/OKConnectivity to DNS Server 1 (193.210.19.19)
 Enabled/OKConnectivity to DNS Server 2 (192.89.123.26)

Well, as @Pekka_Koo recommended, you should indeed make a fault report, so we can investigate this more closely. :)

Vastaa