DVR + huawei lte cpe e5186 + static IP address = error!

• 1 March 2016
  • 1 kommentti
  • 27 katselukertaa

Hello,

I have a DVR what is connected to WAN (router huawei lte cpe e5186), ports are open and static ip address is assigned.

Problem: In the beginning when I did not had a static IP address my cameras (4 of them) work'ed like a charm in WAN, then I noticed that my ip address is changing after every three days I orderd a static IP address. After a static IP address was assigned sometimes cameras work and sometimes not. For example on saturday did not work any camera, yesterday worked only three cameras out of four cameras. I have been in kauppakeskus and talking with sonera guy's they just do not know how to help me. I have been calling sonera, well nobody seems to know what the problem might be. Last girl was suggesting that I need to order some Sonera guy's to check the connections 🙂 What is stupid idea, since if the cables or setting are wrong, then nothing would work. And yes APN is opengate. When I open my app to check the cameras, then app say's that it is connected to a server, but I just do not recieve the video, and yes I have check it on explorer it is the same. 

Anybody has any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!

1 kommentti

Käyttäjätaso 7
Kunniamerkki +20

@wo0sh kirjoitti:

Hello,

I have a DVR what is connected to WAN (router huawei lte cpe e5186), ports are open and static ip address is assigned.

Problem: In the beginning when I did not had a static IP address my cameras (4 of them) work'ed like a charm in WAN, then I noticed that my ip address is changing after every three days I orderd a static IP address. After a static IP address was assigned sometimes cameras work and sometimes not. For example on saturday did not work any camera, yesterday worked only three cameras out of four cameras. I have been in kauppakeskus and talking with sonera guy's they just do not know how to help me. I have been calling sonera, well nobody seems to know what the problem might be. Last girl was suggesting that I need to order some Sonera guy's to check the connections 🙂 What is stupid idea, since if the cables or setting are wrong, then nothing would work. And yes APN is opengate. When I open my app to check the cameras, then app say's that it is connected to a server, but I just do not recieve the video, and yes I have check it on explorer it is the same. 

Anybody has any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!

Hello!

Do you mean that the IP of your router (seen also here https://www.whatismyip.com/ ) changes after few days? Or do you mean that IP adresses of your cameras keeps changing? 

Router gets new IP adress form Sonera's network DHCP server after a few days or when rebooting the Huawei router.

Your IP cameras' IP-adresses in the LAN are given from the Huawei router's built-in DHCP server.
It gives adresses to the devices connected to it (on factory settings the ip pool is 192.168.8.100-192.168.8.200 if I remember correctly). Unfortunately this model (E5186) has no feature to assign DHCP server to remember devices MAC codes and always give the same adress to the each camera. You have to assign adress manually from the each device, one by one. Or you have to buy another device with an ability to remember MAC codes to assign always the same adresses to the cameras. 

Vastaa