Update MAC address no internet

Hello,

I recently made a new contract for broadband internet and in the contract I registered a MAC address from a router that is not suitable for broadband connection with antena cable. Yesterday I have updated in Minun Telia the MAC address with a new one from a router suitable for broadband antena connection. The lights for UP and DS on the modem are green and blinking,  I can see in my computer that the connection is receiving and sending information, but the ONLINE light on the modem is not on. The connection shows in my PC that it has no internet available, and I cannot connect wither with cable or wireless.

What should I do? I don't understand this issue.

Please advise, thank you.

7 kommenttia

Käyttäjätaso 7
Kunniamerkki +16

Cable modems with integrated wireless access point have often multiple different MAC addresses. Please make sure that you looked up the Cable Modem MAC or CM MAC when reporting change of MAC address.

Unfortunately there is an ICT strike going on, which will cause delays in updating your MAC address.

ICT strike causes congestion and delays at Telia Finland

Trade Union Pro is continuing the strike that commenced on Monday 25 April. The Union of Professional Engineers in Finland has also announced the participation in the strike by persons under the collective agreement for salaried employees in the ICT sector. The strike is related to collective bargaining in the ICT sector and is currently announced to continue up to 22 May.

The strike affects Telia Finland and Telia Inmics-Nebula services in many ways. The strike will have no impact on Telia Cygate services. We are monitoring the situation and will be informing of any changes on our website

Impact of the strike on Telia Finland services

The strike may cause delays and congestion in customer service, as well as delays in processing requests for quotations, deliveries, invoices and fault repair. At this time, we cannot confirm delivery times. The strike may also delay the agreed commissioning projects and changes for some enterprise customers services. We will contact the enterprise customers affected.

Note that the strike may also affect the opening hours of our customer service channels. Our comprehensive online services, Minun Telia and Minun Telia Yrityksille, will provide unchanged assistance in matters related to managing subscriptions and services. Our other online services will also be available as usual during the strike. We recommend that you file non-urgent fault reports during the strike through the online services below.

We will do our utmost to mitigate the impact of the strike on our customers. We safeguard operations that are critical to society and people’s safety under all exceptional circumstances.  

Our online services for managing subscriptions and services:

Käyttäjätaso 7
Kunniamerkki +16

Just one more check - did you connect the cable modem to a TV or DATA labelled antenna outlet? If connected to a RADIO labelled outlet, the cable modem will not work.

As both DS and US lights are blinking, I think you probably have the wires connected correctly, though. If the modem is connected to a RADIO outlet, I think it will flash just DS light alone.

Hei! thanks for your message. The cable is connected in the "TV socket"

Problem is fixed now, internet works - I had to contact client service via chat option and ask them to update the new MAC address manually. In about 30 min of doing this the internet worked.

Thank you!

Hi, guess what guys! Internet stopped working after 6 days! yes, out of 3 weeks of new subscription, I benefitted from broadband internet only 6 days. It stopped working overnight, out of the blue.  I did everything possible from my side, restart, turned off / on, put the cables again, nothing seems to work. Chat service made a fault notification without offering a clear message about what is going on, or when I will get fixed. And to make things better, after my complaint, one of the chat agents asked if I want to buy a phone subscription... if this is the way to take your clients serious than I am very disappointed.

DS light is green

US light is green blinking

ONLINE light is OFF

How much time does it take to solve these kind of issues? Has anyone else had this issue?

It looks that I cannot rely on Telia net services if I will keep experiencing interruptions like this.

Käyttäjätaso 7
Kunniamerkki +20

Bliking UL light indicates that your modem isn't able to lock upstream channels. That's usually caused by some physical fault in the DOCSIS network or interference caused by some faulty device. As you have already tried all the tricks you can try, the right way to solve the issue is contacting the operator. You have did it already, but it's unfortunate to hear they haven't provided much information. They should be able to diagnose the network from CMTS side and see how it hears the signal from your modem.  If it doesn't hear the signal, they will check other parts of the network from your apartment, all the way to the CMTS. They should also see overall noise/interference levels of that network.

(CMTS =  is a piece of equipment, typically located in a cable company's headend or hubsite, which is used to provide high speed data services, such as cable Internet )

If you meet people living next door, I would kindy ask if they have troubles with Telia cable modems in their apartments. If they also have problems, it's not likely your modem but the whole housing block having those troubles.

Telia clerks (and I quess the bot/script they are using on chat) are directed to ask if you want to buy or order more services of theirs. That's what they just do, I personally think that it's not okay on every ocassion and can be frustrating.

Käyttäjätaso 7
Kunniamerkki +14

@cristinastancu  kirjoitti:

Hi, guess what guys! Internet stopped working after 6 days! yes, out of 3 weeks of new subscription, I benefitted from broadband internet only 6 days. It stopped working overnight, out of the blue.  I did everything possible from my side, restart, turned off / on, put the cables again, nothing seems to work. Chat service made a fault notification without offering a clear message about what is going on, or when I will get fixed. And to make things better, after my complaint, one of the chat agents asked if I want to buy a phone subscription... if this is the way to take your clients serious than I am very disappointed.

DS light is green

US light is green blinking

ONLINE light is OFF

How much time does it take to solve these kind of issues? Has anyone else had this issue?

It looks that I cannot rely on Telia net services if I will keep experiencing interruptions like this.

@Purnipsi just answered perfectly what can cause this kind of issues. From operators perspective i'll say that we try to fix single non-functional connections in two (2) working days. Intermittent faults usually have longer two to five working days window.  Faults that affects multiple connections simultaneously usually are treated more rapidly, sometimes within hours. Fault reason and ease of fix is one other side that can affect lenght of repairs. 

It's safe to say that cable network issues are not always easiest to locate and fix, especially what comes to intermittent faults. 

Vastaa