VPN on Huawei B593?

• 11 December 2014
  • 7 kommenttia
  • 17 katselukertaa

I cannot connect to VPN through the modem B593.

Do you know how to set-up the settings so that I can connect to a VPN through my iPad?

thanks

7 kommenttia

Hi bocedi,

Only thing that could be done to your Huawei E593 Router in this case is change the APN and that should help. Here is a quick step by step quide for that APN change:

- Make sure that your computer is connected to your B593 router via cable or wifi
- Start your internet browser and type address 192.168.1.1
- Your E593 router should ask you password and default password is admin (password is also on back side of your modem)
- Go to General settings -> Internet settings
- There should be Data-APN and it`s internet by default
- Change that Data-APN to prointernet and done.

Prointernet is open APN so that should allow VPN connections via your router and subscription if default internet APN doesn`t work.

I hope that this will help you.

// VesaN
I have the very same problem: I cannot connect to my VPN through my new Huawei B593 router. Following the instructions suggested earlier does not work: under "General settings/Internet settings" I can find "Data connect" which by default is set to "Auto APN"; this selects for "Data APN" the option "Internet". Unchecking the box "Auto APN" allows me to select an option for "Data APN" but the drop-down list is EMPTY. How do I get the "prointernet" option in?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi iripet! If I remenber right, there is "Muokkaa APN-Profiilia" button/choice below the window. I am not sure how it`s in english, maybe "Edit the APN Profile". So you should try to make that change that way.

I hope that this will help you. //VesaN
Hei VesaN.

To edit the APN profile I need the following data: "APN", "Dialed number", "User name", "Password", "Authentication". What should I enter in these fields?
Hei Sonera Asiakaspalvelu.

Onko teillä mitään neuvo tässä tilanteessa? Se on tosi tärkeä minulle että mä pääseen kodista mun työpaikan VPN:lle.
Hei iripet!

Quite possibly, you can leave all the other fields empty, except the APN where you write prointernet.

If this does not work, you can try to fill in the following data:

APN: prointernet
Dialed number: *99#
User Name: empty
Password: empty
Authentication: Auto

In case the VPN-connection starts not to work, I would like to ask you to call Helpson Support, because their experts are specialized in devices and settings. Helpson´s phone number is 0600 10100 (Mon-Fri 8-21 and Sat 9-17).

I hope that you are able to get VPN-connection working.

Best Regards,

Tapani V
Thanks Tapani. It worked out by editing in the info you gave me.
Terveisin,
iripet.

Vastaa