Problem with huawei mokkula

• 13 February 2020
  • 9 kommenttia
  • 100 katselukertaa

Hello, im not 100% sure if its correct place to post but i have problem with huawei mokkula , which was bought from Telia. Basically i bought first saunalahti sim, didnt work with mokkula, it just says insert sim and restart. Then i bought dna sim, same story. Now today i bought new telia sim from r kioski and it says exactly same. Any solution for that?

9 kommenttia

Käyttäjätaso 7
Kunniamerkki +20

Hello and welcome to Telia yhteisö @riffolen !

Are you sure that you insert sim card right way around to Huawei Mokkula and what model of Huawei you got?

yes , there is no other way to insert the card. Its E5785Lh-22c or e5785, not sure which number is correct

Käyttäjätaso 7
Kunniamerkki +20

@riffolen@  kirjoitti:

yes , there is no other way to insert the card. Its E5785Lh-22c or e5785, not sure which number is correct

Okey. What kind of sim card do you have? I read that this Huawei Mokkula needs sim card which is for mobile broadband not just a phone sim card. 

But you can disable the pin code query when using a sim card in the phone to disable it.

Edit. Have you remembered to activate the sims when you enable them? You can do it on the phone.

i did put the sim to phone first, then disabled sim pin. But it still doesnt work, is there any other thing to do to get sim activated? Its the prepaid sim, not sure if its supposed to work or not. 

Käyttäjätaso 7
Kunniamerkki +20

@riffolen@  kirjoitti:

i did put the sim to phone first, then disabled sim pin. But it still doesnt work, is there any other thing to do to get sim activated? Its the prepaid sim, not sure if its supposed to work or not. 

Prepaid sim card should get activate when you make first call, textmessage or use data on phone then try it again in Mokkula.

Edit. Support for this Mokkula :

https://consumer.huawei.com/fi/support/mobile-wifi/e5785lh-22c/ 

Käyttäjätaso 7
Kunniamerkki +16

@riffolen@  kirjoitti:

yes , there is no other way to insert the card.

That is very peculiar. On Huawei desk routers you can insert a sim in four different ways and only one of them works. Unfortunately I don't know if these pocket routers really have failproof card readers, but I doubt it.

@kiisseli67@  kirjoitti:

I read that this Huawei Mokkula needs sim card which is for mobile broadband not just a phone sim card.

Technically all sim cards are just the same. The only difference between a "voice" sim and a "data" sim is marketing and the availability of some additional features, like voicemail. Some operators may block voice calls on data sims, too.

But the bottom line is, if you have a sim card that works for internet on your phone, it will work for internet on your router, too.

@kiisseli67@  kirjoitti:

Have you remembered to activate the sims when you enable them?

There should be no need to do that, as the prepaid sim activates the moment the router registers to the mobile network.

Mind that @riffolen got the error insert sim. This error happens way before any communication between the router and the mobile network takes place.

If three different sim cards have been properly inserted, then the only remaining diagnosis is that the router is broken.

So.. Telia has any kind of guarantee? (bought about 2 months ago) or should i just buy new one?

the weird thing is that device is pretty much new, like it was used twice , both time i was available to use internet but it disconnected automatically and i had to take sim out and back in to get it working again, after like 2 times it never gone that far again, always with same error sadly. Never touched anything that could break or so, tried also factory reset with the small red button on the back but still nothing.

Käyttäjätaso 7
Kunniamerkki +14

Hey @riffolen it seems that Huawei router is indeed broken. Huawei devices usually has 24 month guarantee perioid starting from the date of purchase. Please contact our customer care chat or Telia Shop for device fix or device replacement.

Vastaa